DELTA Air Lines has launched a new nonstop service from Lagos to New York-JFK, linking the financial capital of Nigeria to the financial capital of the world.
The New York-JFK route complements the airline’s existing flight to Atlanta, providing a daily departure and more travel choice to the U.S. than ever before.
The New York-JFK flight will operate three times weekly, with Delta’s existing services to Atlanta departing on the other four days. Customers flying to Delta’s New York-JFK hub will benefit from more than XX connections across the U.S. to destinations including: Washington D.C., Baltimore and Chicago.
Delta’s Lagos – New York-JFK service is scheduled to operate as follows
Flight DL 478 departs Lagos at at 23:30 and arrives New York-JFK at 05:30 next day on Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday while Flight DL415 departs New York-JFK 22:55 and arrives Lagos 14:30 next day Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.
“With the U.S. the largest foreign investor in Nigeria, this new route underscores our commitment to the market by facilitating trade and commerce between our nations,” said Corneel Koster, Delta’s senior vice president – Europe, Middle East, Africa and India. “We’re proud of Delta’s 10-year history in Nigeria and that we are the only airline to offer daily nonstop flights, bringing benefits to Nigerian business travellers while also providing more opportunities to reunite with families and friends across the United States.”
Delta’s New York-JFK and Atlanta flights from Lagos are operated using 234-seat Airbus A330-200 aircraft. Offering an elevated onboard experience in every cabin, Delta’s services from Lagos feature:
• Fully flat-bed seats in Delta One that extend to 6’4” in length and offer greater privacy through their angled configuration.
• Regionally-inspired menus created using locally-sourced ingredients and served with a wide selection of fruit juices and complimentary spirits, beers and wines – including prosecco – in Main Cabin.
• Free mobile messaging via WhatsApp, iMessage and Facebook Messenger, keeping passengers fully connected with friends, family, colleagues and clients, plus optional access to high-speed Wi-Fi.
• Delta Studio in-flight entertainment – over 1,000 hours of content, including Nollywood movies, to watch on seat-back screens or steam to a laptop, tablet or mobile with no Wi-Fi charge.
• RFID bag tracking technology, enabling customers to keep track of their bag’s location from check-in to the baggage carousel through notifications sent to their mobile phones.