Following a meeting between National Union of Air Transport Employees ( NUATE), Air Transport Senior Staff Services Association of Nigeria ( ATSSSAN) and management of the Nigerian Aviation Handling Company ( NAHCO) the unions have called of their hours-long strike.
In a resolution document signed by the national union leaders Ocheme Aba for NUATE and Frances Akinjole on behalf of ATSSSAN and Sola Obaboli for NAHCO observed by the Department of State Services ( DSS), Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN), Port Health and the Nigeria Air Force certain agreements were reached.
The agreements reached are:
- Management has decided to withdraw the suit and vacate the earlier obtained court order.
- A counter offer to the union’s demands will be issued by the management before close of business today, 23rd January 2023.
- Negotiations on staff welfare would commence on Wednesday, 25th, January 2023
- All negotiations would be concluded within the week.
- All staff should resume work immediately. No staff would be victimized as a result of the strike action.